The Personal Data Protection Act 2010, which applies to all companies and firms established in Malaysia, was introduced by the Government to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions. The Act requires us to inform you of your rights with regards to your personal data that is collected and processed, and the purpose of such processing. It also requires us to obtain your consent to the processing of your personal data.
The policy aims at identifying the standard requirements on collecting, operating, maintaining, protecting, disclosure, retaining, and archiving and distributing the personal information of WISE CORRIDOR Sdn Bhd employees and Members.
The policy is applicable to those who are WISE CORRIDOR Sdn Bhd employees, Members and the third parties who process these personal data in the name of WISE CORRIDOR Sdn Bhd.
- Personal data is any information in any format (electronic or paper) that identifies an individual in respect of commercial transaction. It includes obvious information like names, addresses and email addresses but it also includes biometric information such as fingerprints or tissue samples. If it can be used to identify or locate you – alone or with other information – then it is personal information.
1) Gender, age and birth date
2) Family address and telephone number
3) Employment information, personal education, performance and training information
4) Spouse’s information
5) Information of family income and expense
6) Personal hobbies
- Sensitive personal data consists of those elements of personal data that require extra privacy and security protections. For example, any information about a person’s health or condition of health subject, his political opinions, his religious beliefs or other beliefs of similar nature. Government issued identifiers (such as Employee Provident Fund or Income Tax numbers) are also sensitive personal data:
1) Personal information record/criminal record/ court summons record
2) Race, faith, political viewpoint, philosophical faith
3) Member of trade union
4) Health information: disease history, disability
5) Bank account information, computerized national identity card number
6) Nationality, citizenship information
IV Policy Statement
- We provide NOTICE to individuals about how their personal data is used.
- We obtain CONSENT for the processing of personal data.
- Where appropriate, we provide individuals with ACCESS, the opportunity to review and correct personal data held by WISE CORRIDOR Sdn Bhd.
- We PROTECT personal data with appropriate safeguards.
- The personal data processed will not be KEPT longer than necessary
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We collect Personal Data from you in various ways and at several different points. We may collect your Personal Data on one of our web sites, by telephone, facsimile, when you complete and submit an application form to become a Members.
Wherever possible we collect Personal Data directly from you. There may, however, be occasions where we collect your Personal Data from someone else. For example, where you make an application in joint names.
If you provide Personal Data to us about another person, we rely on you to have made, or make them aware that you will, or may, provide their information to us and the kinds of third parties we may provide it to and the relevant purposes we and the third parties will use it for and how they can access it. If you have not done, or will not do these things, you must tell us before you provide the relevant Personal Data.
Should WISE CORRIDOR Sdn Bhd should expect that we would share some or all of your Personal Data to companies assuming the role of serving you and other users of our Site.
- Your Choices
Your permission is always secured first. We will not use or share the Personal Data collected in ways unrelated to the purpose for which you provided the information, including those described above, without providing you a choice whether to permit any such unrelated uses.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
We take reasonable measures to ensure that any Personal Data we collect is accurate, current, complete, and reliable for its intended use. If you wish to update or otherwise correct Personal Data you have provided to us, you may edit your information online after completing registration, or contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section, below, and we will assist you.
- Changes to This Statement
Any updates or changes to the terms of this Privacy Statement will be posted here on our Site and the date of the newest version posted below. Please check back frequently, especially before you submit any Personal Data at our Site, to see if this Privacy Statement has changed. If any changes materially affect the use of Personal Data previously provided to us, we will obtain your consent prior to the retroactive application of any material changes. By using our Site, you acknowledge acceptance of this Privacy Statement in effect at the time of use.
- Contact Us
|Postal address:||Customer Service Division
WISE CORRIDOR Sdn Bhd
Unit 2G, Level 2, Block B,
Global Business & Convention Centre,
No. 8, Jalan 19/1, Section 19,
46300 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
|Email address:||[email protected]|
We will make every reasonable effort to address your concerns and remedy any problems you bring to our attention.